Sunday, June 4, 2017

June 5-9 #grateful


I saw this quote in a post today of quotes about life found in children's books and it really captures what I have been struggling to put into words. It is an honor to write my final Sparkly Star Staff post as we enter the final week of school together. This post will include dates and details, of course, but also I wanted to thank you all for being so much more than colleagues. I feel so lucky to count you each as a friend, and I have always felt we are in many ways a family. I have loved getting to know each of you as individuals and learning about your lives and passions. Being your leader has certainly included responsibilities and scheduling and budgeting and decisions, but I always have felt that the most important thing I could do would be spending time with you, supporting you, and hoping you felt valued and appreciated for all that you do. Whether it's been just one year or all four, being alongside you for this journey has been the greatest gift of my life and I am forever changed by my experience with each of you.

I'm also excited for the future! To Amy, I can't imagine a better person to lead Star in what will be the first year without a new campus, bell schedule, or big changes! Hopefully that will be a difference you can all feel! Julie, you are ready to soar as Star's co-leader, and next year you will have a class of 600 students to love and learn with! To the 2017-18 team, you will continue the tradition of creating an educational experience filled with joy and magic and your amazing new colleagues are joining some of the most passionate, dedicated, and creative educators on the PLANET! To Karen, Farrah, Carly, Samantha, Hope, Jose, and Anisa -- I am so thankful for your time at Star and cannot wait to hear about your journeys to your new destinations! Where ever you go, you are gifts to be treasured and I love that the spirit of our school will be going with you! And in my move to Stoneridge, I want to thank you for how much you all have taught me about being a leader. I have learned through each day, every mistake, and our many shared successes. And so, rather than goodbye, until next time!

With love and gratitude,
Jennifer

Dates and Details
To celebrate the last 5 days with kids, Amy and I hope you enjoy these fun spirit days for staff! Kids have free dress this week.


June 7 5th and K Promotions (5th 8-9:30 in gym, K 1:45-2:30 in gym)

June 8  Report cards go home 
June 9 Minimum Day Star Only - Last day of school (Field Day!)
June 12 Teacher work day and celebration lunch
June 13 SUMMER!
End of year checkout form





4 comments:

  1. I love this post! You will forever be part of Star. Thank you for your leadership, support and friendship. Sparkle on Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a saying "Don't forget who brought you to the dance" I will always remember what you have done for Star and it wouldn't be this way if it wasn't for your vision, dedication, passion, and love for education and children. Thank you for instilling this in me and showing me how you CAN make changes, follow your heart take risks and make things happen!! Even when people doubt you! I know you will spread that same glitter everywhere you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for absolutely everything Jennifer. You have inspired me in more ways than I could ever express. Star is an extraordinary place, and you are an extraordinary leader. I wish you every happiness in this next chapter of your journey. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To our fearless leader,

    As hard as it is to see you go, I know that you are spreading the seeds to other teachers who deserve their opportunity to grow under your leadership.

    Thanks for all you've done for us as teachers and for our kids!

    ReplyDelete