Saturday, October 1, 2016

October 3rd- 7th #moments


Yesterday was an interesting day! Grass arrived, kinder kids were dressed in farm outfits, and a TKer threw up on my foot. Typical day, really, filled with meetings, a few kids needing support and all of the usual Friday things. And my stack of Caught Being Awesome pile was staring at me. Three minutes until drop off and I decided to make one call. I picked up the phone and called the mom of a 5th grader new to our school. 

" Hi, this is Mrs. Kloczko calling from Star Academy -- it's not an emergency. I'm calling to tell you that your son was caught being awesome! He cleaned up his classroom and set it all up for a training happening next week. I  just wanted to let you know he's having a great day."

Silence.

And then, "Thank you. What a great call to get." I could hear her voice breaking. "I've never gotten a call like this before. Thank you."


And out to pickup I went. I'm so glad I made that call. It was the best three minutes of an exhausting and emotional week. And so, as we head into fall break, I'm looking for more moments like this. Focusing on one kid at a time, three minutes at a time. Hang in there! This has been the most amazing and challenging start to a school year and you are all incredible-- even if you can't see it or feel it. 

Dates & Details:
October 3-6 GLAD demo in Franchesca's room
October 6th- Wednesday PD-- this week will be open agenda, time for you to catch up and breathe. We will get to Workshop later :) Enjoy the time.
Oct 7-11 Fall break-- enjoy!
October 13th 5:00 PM Ice Cream Scoop Night and Stars Parent Group Meeting (6:00)
Oct 24-28 Book Fair
October 26- Jog a thon!
Nov 1 Minimum day 
Nov 7-10 Parent conferences (minimum days)
Nov 11 Veteran’s day- no school
Nov 21-25 Thanksgiving break



2 comments:

  1. What a sweet anecdote <3
    Great reminder to keep focusing on small wins each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Definitely needed this reminder to look for (and create) those one on one moments throughout the week. It's too easy to get overwhelmed by the big picture!

    ReplyDelete