Thursday, September 8, 2016

September 8th-15th #yet

image credit
YET.
"It happens every year without fail. We get a few days in, the year slowly starting, and all of a sudden it hits me; I am doing something wrong. Whatever I thought I was good at, I am clearly not. After all, how can anyone feel this exhausted and consider themselves good at anything?" ~Pernille Ripp (check out her blog post here)

Whether it is your first year or your 21st year, starting a new year is EXHAUSTING. Add to that the challenges of opening a brand new campus with no keys, no internet, and so many new faces, it might seem impossible. It certainly doesn't feel amazing. Not yet.

Yet. Such a little word, and yet it hold so much promise for the future. Even if you don't feel it, the kids do. The families do. We do. Your smile, your kindness, your strength, and your patience are all tiny seeds being planted that will bloom eventually. Thank you for all you are doing to help our 
school grow! 



Dates & Details

Sept 1-Sept 20 CELDT testing 
Sept 12-15 GLAD demo
Sept 19 Back to School Night 5-6:30pm
Sept 26 minimum day
Oct 7-11 Fall break
Oct 24-28 Book Fair
Nov 1 minimum day
Nov 7-10 Parent conferences (minimum days)
Nov 11 Veteran’s day- no school
Nov 21-25 Thanksgiving break


Reading is our superpower!
What are you reading? You may have noticed a new empty shelf in the staff room... it's for sharing books! I added a few books to the shelf that I've read recently that I loved. Feel free to add your own or take one! ~Jennifer




3 comments:

  1. Yay! It's Thursday!

    I can't wait to check out the book share. Great idea! Once I finish my current read, I'll add a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea. I've been purchasing books on my iPad so I can read at night with the lights out. I'll have to check what's already on my bookshelf that I can bring to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expect to see some books added to the shelf early next week.

    ReplyDelete