Sunday, May 22, 2016

May 23-27 #gratitude #celebrate


My friend Todd Schmidt, a principal in Southern California wrote this post about the end of year craziness - it can get overwhelming! 

"There are definitely some days where I feel like dropping my keys on the counter and walking out the door...especially at this time of year. Frustration...exhaustion...anxiety...
Sometimes, it seems to come at you from all sides. There are the people...overworked staff, angry parents, tuned-out students. There are the issues...standardized testing, end-of-the-year chaos, student placements for next year, a seemingly never-ending parade of meetings and mandates that keep me in my office or off-campus rather than being in classrooms and on playgrounds engaging with an incredible community...

Last week, he threw out a challenge: 
"All this week, I am going to tweet out as many wonderful reasons as I can for why I love what I do. 
Who wants to join me?" 

I'm in! I hope you'll join me this week in tweeting out things to love and to be grateful for! Use the hashtag #ncsstar and I'll put together a blog post with a collection of our tweets! 

Have a fabulous week!

Dates & Details
May 26 afternoon- 3rd grade interviews
May 27 NCS PD day and PIP presentations in the afternoon (packing time in the morning!)
May 30 no school

June 1 Talent Show school assembly

June 2nd Talent Show- night
June 3rd- ELA data due (update spreadsheet)
June 9th- Summer fun day 

June 10 Last day! Minimum day
Book an end of year check out appointment here
Summer Dates & Details Doc

June 20th Our Book Whisperer Book Club begins! If you'd like to join, click here


Mindful Minute

Who's excited about Angel Island? Be sure to check out the Summer Dates & Details Doc and RSVP. Looking forward to getting out and enjoying a day outside with you! We can definitely carpool :)


No comments:

Post a Comment