Sunday, November 1, 2015

November 2nd-6th

image credit
Appreciation has been on my mind lately - and just recently, when a parent said thank you to me as they passed by my office, I found myself getting teary-eyed. I had no idea how much I needed to hear that, and it's not the first time that has happened to me. Am I alone in this feeling? Do I appreciate others enough? 

Then, on Twitter, I happened across Shelley Burgess' blog post and her Lead Like A Pirate challenge.


The first week's challenge? A is for Appreciation. I'm a little bit late getting started, but I am excited to have a challenge to help me to be more intentional about appreciating others enough--our staff, our parents, and even people at our other campuses and other schools. I always feel grateful, but I know I don't say or or write it enough. 

If you'd like to join me in this challenge, here's an "A is for Appreciation" note you might like.

Have a fantastic week!
Tweet Tweet! 
If you are tweeting out the awesome in your class, don't forget the hashtag #ncsstar ! I retweet everything I see with that hashtag on the @staracademyncs Twitter feed.

Dates & Details
November 2-5 Project GLAD Demo in Julie's room
November 4th  Star staff meeting in Jenny's room at 8 am. Check out Google Classroom for a few docs to review in advance.
November 5th- Dive In PD Got Mentor Texts? Come explore how to use your favorite books to create mini lessons that focus on ideas, craft, and structure.
November 11th No School- Veteran's Day
November 18th Math and Literacy Cadre- Literacy Cadre at Star, Carly's room
November 23-27 Thanksgiving Break
Dec 2 Star Staff Meeting: Class Meetings
Dec 18 Minimum Day- Star (PLTW)
January 18 No School
January 19 NCS PD day
March 4 NCS PD Day & ROCKSTAR Roseville! 

Mindful Minute
At Fall CUE last week, David Theriault was the closing keynote speaker. His message was about making school special and capturing moments and I wished I could have boxed it up and brought it back to you! And then this morning he blogged about it! I'm excited to share his post with you! 

Help Your School and Class Become A Family In Less Than Five Seconds



No comments:

Post a Comment