Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1, 2014

Pirate Booty!

Image credit


I love to read many different blogs, but Katherine Sokolowski's Read. Write. Reflect is definitely one of my favorites. I can't think of a post I didn't love, and she blogs about everything-- books, her family, her dog, and her 5th grade students! Her blog is a great place to find blogging ideas. This week, she wrote a post about purpose and authenticity that I'd like to share with you. Here's a quote from her post:


"This will be a short, but sweet, post. I just wanted to share something that has really been helping me plan in the last few years. Looking at my students’ work this week, I realized I’ve changed a lot from the teacher I was eighteen years ago. Assignments, lessons, anything, have to go through two guiding questions…
What is the purpose of this?
Is this authentic?
When I ask myself those questions, it eliminates a lot of what I used to think was important."  

Click here to read the entire post with pictures. Enjoy!

Dates and Details
Fit Friday walks
3rd-5th will walk from 8:40-9:05
AM TK/K-2nd will walk from 9:10-9:35

PM K and PM 12:30-12:55
September 2: NCS PD day (no school) main campus in the AM beginning at 8 AM, juice and coffee at 7:45. Wear your best aloha wear! Lunch on your own followed by a staff meeting at Star in the afternoon. Click here to view the agenda-- please bring your writer's notebooks! We will meet in Petra's room.
September 3: Star Staff meeting 7:30-8:30 Click here to edit/view agenda location: Julie's room
September 4: Tech time: Education City PD 3:30-4:30
September 11: Star Parent Ed Night: Google Apps & the Common Core
September 15: After school enrichment starts
September 19: Picture Day , no Friday walks 
September 23: Star Family Book Club 6:30-7:30  Library Mysteries! 
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library and Stella Louella and the Runaway Book
October 3: Jog-a-thon
October 6 & 7: Two day GLAD training- Fassler, Duley, Steinlein, Rohrbacker, Bullock-- subs needed
October 9: Star Academy Parent Ed Night
October 13-17 Fall Break!
October 20-24: Book Fair!
October 27-31: Minimum days- parent conference week and Red Ribbon Week!

Tech Tips
Lisa Highfill is an amazing educator from the Bay Area and is a fabulous resource for anything and everything tech related, especially YouTube! Here is a link to her channel-- and this week she has featured TONS of resources for Google Sites. Follow her on twitter at https://twitter.com/lhighfill  . Here's a video for changing fonts and themes!



No comments:

Post a Comment