Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 19th-May 23rd

Food for thought...
Saturday I attended the Maker Faire in San Mateo. I really had no idea what to expect but was looking for some inspiration for Genius Hour projects and getting kids started making and creating. I wish I'd had Joe Wood or Tracy Chatters with me to process some of the things I saw! There were kids making an octopus out of two gloves, and rockets made with masking tape (one narrowly missed hitting me in the head!) Some of the things were junk creations and others involved robotics. It was an amazing day- all except the part where I took my pictures AND videos in portrait. {Insert forehead slap here!} Here are a few videos from my day...

Things I loved around here:
Congratulations on a fabulous open house! Here's a little video I made with pictures and WeVideo. 

Dates and Details...
May 20th dress rehearsal-- all 3:15-5:00
May 21st - grade level planning
May 21st Talent Show 10:30 Act 1, 1:30 Act 2 and 6:30 pm for families
May 22nd Tech Time/ Genius hour-- PIPs, iPads, and Data- Oh My!
May 23rd & May 26th No school
May 27-30th GLAD Demo in Hope's room
May 28th- staff meeting 8:00 
May 30th Minimum Day and PIP Presentations at main campus, Ice Cream Social 5:30-7:30
June 6th Kinder promotion in the gym- both Kinders come 8-1
June 13th last day of school- minimum day End of year grade level to-do list
June 13th Walking field trip/family picnic at the park (depart at 9 am) 
June 17th and 18th 8:30-3 Blended learning summer tech camp 
August 5th- first teacher work day :)

Tech Tips
WeVideo is a fun video editing Chrome App. I had never used it before, but I love that you can use it with a Chromebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment