Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11th-15th

Food for thought...
 
This past weekend I loved having time to read and was very excited to finally start reading Donalyn Miller's new book! I had preordered my copy last May and it was finally delivered! I was also excited to read John Schu's blog post about the book where he premiered her book trailer. You can read the post here. On that blog, he also had an opportunity to win one copy of the book-- and I won! This is the second time I have won a book from Mr. Schu-- either I am very lucky or no one else enters! Either way, he asks winners to pay it forward and so I am giving away a copy of the book as well. You'll find the entry form below. Entries will be accepted through November 15th :) If you're thinking about inspiring wild and independent readers you'll want to read this book.








Things I loved this week...


Dates and Details

November 13th- Coordinator Coffee- parents can chat with me from 8:30-9:00 am
November 13th- Late start Wednesday- Cadres meet
November 14th- Tech Time 3:15
November 20th- Late start Wednesday- planning
November 21st- Tech time 3:15
November 22nd- Erin Dealey assembly 10:15-11:00
November 25th-29th Thanksgiving break 
December 3rd-6th Project GLAD demo- in Petra's class (Petra, Hope, Saryn & Tammy) be sure to arrange your subs)


Here's the link to our staff room sign up sheet. Thanks for helping out! 

Tech Tips:
Have you heard about SAMR? Basically, it's a little like Bloom's Taxonomy but for tech. Here's a video to give you a quick overview in 120 seconds!


No comments:

Post a Comment