Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 28th-November 1st

Food for thought...




I love my job! It is my passion and I feel so lucky to be able to work with such amazing and passionate people. People who are creative and incredibly hard working. On any given weekend, at least one person comes in to work, often more. There is so much to do, and never enough time in the day. It's hard to find balance, and yet it's so important. I'm trying to lead by example... the last two weekends I haven't been to work and I've tried to find a little time for me each day. It was also a little scary leaving school for a whole day for the first time to attend the Fall CUE conference in Napa, but it was also good to get away. I appreciate Maria and Julie being in charge for the day! I feel energized and inspired by both the conference and a little time off. If you want to read more about why Fall CUE is kinda like Christmas, click here. Or not! I hope you are able to find balance and take some time just for you!

Things I loved this week
The book fair!







TK's Ten Apples Up On Top





The ever changing 2nd grade community murals





Dates and details



Spirit days this week!
Monday,  October 28th- Crazy Hair Day - “Don't Be Crazy - Be Healthy!”
Tuesday, October 29th- Pajama Day - “Healthy Kids Make Dreams Come True!”
Wednesday, Oct. 30th- Wear Favorite Sports Gear or Team Jersey - “Team up and Be Healthy!”
Thursday, Oct. 31st- Wear a Costume or Dress in Orange and Black - “Don't Be Scary, Be Healthy!
Friday, November 1st- Wear Crazy Socks - “Sock it to unhealthy choices!”

October 30th- whole staff collaboration in lounge 8-9 am
November 1st- early release day- whole staff collaboration in lounge 12:30
November 4th- We will have visitors from Winters School District- coming to see Common Core in action since you are all so awesome!
November 11th- no school - Veteran's Day
November 13th- Coordinator Coffee- parents can chat with me from 8:30-9:00 am
November 15th- Movie night TBA
November 25th-29th Thanksgiving break

Tech Tip: The Power of YouTube and Digital Publishing

This weekend I was reminded that teaching kids is about helping them find their passion and that innovation doesn't always have to include technology. I was also reminded about the power video has to teach us, and to move us. Here are two videos that illustrate these two concepts, as well as a link to Lisa Highfill's CUE session on Youtube. Although the products below are low-tech, the power of technology via YouTube allows us to hear their stories...  Enjoy and have a great week!


The Landfill Harmonic


Caine's Arcade



1 comment:

  1. My favorite moment of the week? You describing the TK student snapping his fingers and saying, "Listen! It can make sounds!"

    ReplyDelete